Now I know for many of us, Monday is not the most favorable day of the week. I mean how could it be? It’s the first day of the week which means getting up early for school and work. But still, that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to a fresh start!
Here are some tips on how to stay positive early on, and start the day right!
1. Give thanks to God for your day starting. Waking up with breath in your lungs is more than enough to wake up feeling encouraged. That right there is a blessing with in-itself. Give thanks to God for ALL of the things He’s blessed you with: health, family, friends, education, job, career and so fourth. Each person and opportunity placed in your life is given to you by Him for a purpose! For this reason, we must be sure to give Him all the glory and praise 🙏🏽
2. Morning prayer and bible reading. A.M appointments with God are so refreshing, and really set the tone for the day. Whether it is reading a simple verse or doing a full on Bible Study, take the time to immerse yourself in His Word. Get into the habit of feeding your Spirit before you feed your flesh. He deserves our time before all else so make sure to put your phone on hold (now let me add that to the list of self reminders,haha)!
3. Play worship music. I remember during a Church service, my bishop mentioned that for 20 seconds alone we can give worship through humming and singing. God loves us, and there’s nothing better than showing that love and appreciation right back. Whether it’s your own voice, Christian playlist or Pandora station, surround yourself in His presence. 🎶 I guarantee you will feel more in tune with your spirit and soul, filled with motivation to take on the day!
4. Tell yourself a positive affirmation. For some, I know this will be very helpful. If you find yourself struggling to believe your worth and capability, remind yourself of all of your good qualities. Remind yourself of all the things you are proud of, as well as outlining all of the things you intend to improve. If you can, take it a step further by setting up (small) attainable goals that you can accomplish throughout the day.
5. Go for a morning run or workout. I am a big advocate on exercising early in the day. It really gets you pumped and ready to take on anything that lies ahead. For those of you who don’t have a gym membership, that doesn’t mean you still can’t get a full workout. At home videos are a great way to release some tension, and gain some energy that’ll be great for tackling the day!As long as you diet and exercise accordingly, you will still see those gains! 😘 Some of my personal Youtube faves include BODiBiDAY Fitness, Keiara LaShae and Lauren Ross.
6. Make yourself a quick and healthy breakfast. For most people, this is an optional choice… I on the other hand, am not one of those people 😅 Store your body with as many nutrients as possible. Whether it be a bowl of cereal, oatmeal and fruit, quick eggs and toast, make sure there’s something going in your system (especially if you need it for any health or dietary concerns)!
7. Morning write. Personally, I love to write. Anyone who knows me or follows me on social media, knows I LOVE journaling (free-writes especially)! I really enjoy getting every single thought, prayer and self-reflection down on paper. If you like to write or have always wanted to get into the habit of doing so, I highly recommend it! It is very therapeutic, and is an amazing reference for future days. Tracking your progress especially is key as you will learn how much you’ve grown over time.
“See what works for you and take it from there!”
I hope you found these tips helpful! Even if you can’t do each single one, I encourage you to get into the habit of incorporating at least some into your daily morning regimen.
And remember most importantly, God always comes first! Before you do anything, make sure to set your morning meeting with the Lord. Invest in Him and show Him how much you care. He loves you and will appreciate your effort in building a closer bond! ❤️
Take care lovelies, and I pray you all have an amazing week ❣️